Managing Director, LTP Garment, Vietnam
We are hiring - come join us!
Based in HCMC, LTP Vietnam is searching for a Managing Director to join and lead our experienced team. As director of LTP Vietnam you have the responsibility for LTP Vietnam and shall take full P&L responsibility. The local director leadership includes Director of Production, Finance and Accounting Director and Sales Director.
LTP Vietnam is a chosen partner for premium, medium sized brands who require Asia production with flexible setup and ability to handle flexible order sizes with large variation of styles. Our expertise is functional garment focused on technical complexity in high quality and with a focus on a sustainable production. In LTP Vietnam we serve around 25 brands, many of them shared between Asia and Europe.
LTP Garment Vietnam has been growing strongly over the years since the establishment in 2008 and for 2022 we expect +60%. The growth is mainly carried by existing customers along with a few new customers added yearly. New customers are typically transferred from the European manufacturing setup. Your role is to ensure the continued growth with current customers and the transfer of customers by ensuring the highest level of quality in our industry, on-time delivery and capacity.
LTP Vietnam is currently employing +1.000 people and we plan to expand the capacity and employ another +400 from Q4 2022 through 2023.
You will ensure to continue to develop our competitiveness and competences to service our customers well and be a reliable partner for them on their growth journeys.
LTP Group has a strong focus on sustainability and responsible production, which continues to improve and be further developed for our solutions. You will report to our Global Sustainability Director on strategic initiatives where you will be responsible for implementation in the factory in Vietnam.
We are about to implement a new IT platform (Infor M3 & PLM) including in-line production planning, warehouse management system as well as subcontracting planning tool which will allow us to modernize and optimize all processes and create new customer value.
- Be ambassador for LTP Group’s values and continuously strive to create strong, self-managed people, understanding and be closely connected with the customer’s needs
- Leading the company and guide all employees to understand the company vision and strategic tracks.
- Support the 2025 Garment Strategy by working with local leadership, overseeing the implementation of our strategy and goals. Sponsor of strategic initiatives.
- Full P&L responsibility for LTP Vietnam
- Leadership of more than 1.000 FTE s
- Responsible for assuring production capacity both inhouse and by engaging qualitative production partners, supporting our growth and customer requirements. We currently have about 16 subcontractors in addition to our inhouse capacity.
- Leading the management team by mentoring and developing, aiming to continuously build the capabilities and readiness for the growing complexity and scale of the business
- Responsible for the overall performance and optimizations in terms of planning, quality, delivery safety and costs
- Contribute to the Global Garment Leadership in cooperation with LTP Group Executive Management and Global Garment Leadership team.
- Work with Group Executive Management and Director of Global Operations on financial performance and KPI management
- Support the Global shared services: Sustainability, Marketing, Finance, IT, HR
- Manage expected continuing growth continuing growth into 2023.
- Lead the development and expansion of the organization
- To support Global HR recruitment strategy to ensure building a strong employer branding
- Expanding production partner platform ensuring increased capacity
- Secure performance in terms of high quality, delivery precision and customer satisfaction
- Develop our production platform to stay competitive
- To optimize the internal processes during implementation of new ERP (Infor M3).
Criteria for success
- Build a strong and well-working management team and a positive atmosphere in the whole organization in alignment with our values
- Keep continuously focus on high standards for quality, delivery precision and customer satisfaction
- Achieve 2025 strategy and implementation of strategic initiatives and achievement of financial targets
- Secure availability of operation capabilities and capacity needs according to strategy and budgets provided by commercial teams
- Stay strong on improving costs and efficiency in the production (including both inhouse capacity and strong production partnering)
- Contribute to global garment leader group meetings and to board decisions on operation matters
- Maintaining trust relationship with customers and other business partners and authorities
- 7+ years’ experience in top management position preferably in apparel manufacturing
- A manufacturing or technical degree
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Natural leader and motivator of people. Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing 500+ sized production factory with strong performance in productivity and material utilization
- A track record of success in meeting the production needs in terms of capacity, planning, consumption and efficiency
- Experience from international organizations and know-how to interact with cross-country teams
- English on a good level both oral and written
- Knowing Vietnam legal business practice requirements
- Target driven and results focused
- There will be travel activities +40 days depending on need
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and different cultures
- You are a true team person who enjoy when other people have success. People want to work in your teams
- You naturally balance strong professional demands and your sensibility to people. High degree of empathy.
- You are a self-driven person who together with your team can run the daily business
- Effective in conflict solving in a constructive and diplomatic atmosphere
- You can move from abstract discussions to fixing practical problems
- You have strong analytical capabilities to understand complex problems
- You work dedicated and demand the same from the people around you
- You are open for changes and try not to stay locked in how things work or how you did earlier
- You have great integrity so people around you are not in doubt where you are or if they step over your values
- You are a curious person
- You seek for a long-term commitment and stability
- International (Danish) holding with modern management policy and strong values (Care, Trust, Challenge)
- Constantly growing and developing group of manufacturing companies with ambitious 2025 strategy
- Honest and responsible organization with respectful and competent colleagues
- Ambitious and innovative environment with constant learning practices
- Freedom to act and do the impact
- Strong customer portfolio of leading premium mid-sized brand in our industry (largely European customers and first few customers in the US and Australia)
- Financially solid group of companies
Position reporting to
Group Executive Management, Copenhagen, Denmark
LTP is a Danish owned global production partner for demanding clothing and furniture brands. We are specialists in handling textiles for many different industries and products.
Read more about LTP at www.ltpgroup.com